Job Type: Permanent
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Our key client, has a really interesting role based at their Depot in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
£21,000/annum Excellent bens.
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday, 08.00 am - 5.00 pm, 41.25 hours per week
Holiday: 22 days plus Bank Holidays increasing with length of service after 3 years
As a Yard Operative, you will be required to carry out general basic building maintenance and carrying out warehouse duties in both the Distribution and Goods in Departments as and when required. You will also be required to process all waste, including redundant timber crates and carry out general building maintenance.
More specifically you will be responsible for:
- The processing of all waste and organising of replacement skips
- The processing of all redundant timber crates, pallets and stillages
- Overseeing all aspects of recycling
- Be responsible for the loading and safe operation of the Incinerator
- To keep clear all building surface drains
- Working battery operated saws
- Ensuring that the correct materials are used and correct procedures/methods are followed when completing all of your work
- Maintaining a clean working environment at all times
- Ensuring that good Health and Safety practices are followed at all times
- Carrying out Warehouse duties within the Distribution and Goods in Departments when required.
Previous yard experience would be advantageous but is not essential as full training will be given along with the necessary Health & Safety training required.
- Attractive holiday package of 22 Days holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays increasing with length of service after 3 years.
We offer a competitive salary, over time, pension and death in service benefit.