Technician - Fire and Flood Restoration (South)
Job Type: Permanent
Our client offers damage mitigation and restoration services for domestic and commercial properties within the insurance industry.
£20000 - £25000/annum Excellent
Their team of technical operatives have many years’ specialist experience, knowledge and expertise in damage mitigation (fire and flood) and disaster recovery, which ensures we provide an excellent service to our clients.
We are seeking to recruit a Technician who offers high levels of workmanship and professionalism, someone who genuinely takes pride in exceeding expectations, has a great attitude, shows initiative and is not afraid of hard work whilst focusing on the small details within the overall bigger picture. The successful candidate would have had working experience as a restoration technician (or similar) and be able to demonstrate their track record in a similar role. This is a great opportunity for someone seeking opportunity for learning, growth and advancement in their careers.
- Ability to work safely in a disaster environment, adhering to company Health and Safety procedures.
- Field based, travelling to client’s property across Hampshire and the South East. Must be able to report into Andover on a regular basis.
- Liaising with clients, both domestic and commercial, providing a high level of customer service.
- Inspect damaged properties and contents as a result of fire or flood and prepare an action plan for the necessary work.
- To participate in stripping out, remediation, cleaning, drying, packing, moving and being responsible for maintaining a clean and safe job site.
- Contents restoration in the Andover unit.
- Using latest techniques and equipment, carry out necessary damage mitigation and restoration works to the highest standards.
- Carry out moisture surveys and drying techniques, using heavy duty equipment.
- Able to complete paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
Person Specification and Physical Requirements.
- Someone who understands and shows empathy and compassion towards those impacted by disaster.
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities.
- Knowledge & experience of working with a variety of drying and cleaning methods preferred.
- Must lift heavy items up to 50lbs on a routine basis.
- The workspace may be contaminated with heavy smoke residue, mould and mildew, contaminated water or other unsanitary conditions. Personal protective equipment is available for use and is required on some heavily contaminated work sites.
- Flexibility to work away from home, able to commute to various across the South and south of the Midlands.
- Knowledge & experience of working within the insurance industry in relation to damage mitigation works.
- BDMA / Dewpoint qualification preferred but not essential.
- Full UK driving license with a willingness to travel.
- Able to pass a security / DBS check.
Able to pass a credit check.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company that has growth and expansion plans for 2020/21. We offer genuine career progression and training operating in a professional yet fun working environment that offers good company benefits, flexible working and rewards which include:
Basic salary / Regular salary reviews / Pension contribution / Sponsorship for BDMA Qualifications and other certifications / Progression opportunities.