Support Officer - Democratic Services
Job Type: Contract, Permanent
Our client is seeking a Democratic Support Officer to be part of their busy democratic services team and ensure the smooth operation of council meetings.
£25,000 - £35,000/annum Dep on exp.
You’ll provide support for officers and members, including the publication of reports and agendas, taking minutes and hosting virtual meetings to increase public engagement.
Working mostly remote, but with occasional visits to Cirencester - to council offices.
The main purpose of the job is to provide administrative and support to ensure that the council functions in an open and accountable way. This means advising council committees and working parties on correct procedures, relevant legislation and interpretation of standing orders - what can and cannot be done - notifying them of decisions taken and action to be followed. The democratic services officer gives advice to these bodies in accordance with relevant legislation, internal procedures and natural justice. Within this, there are other specific duties, which include:
- Experience of working in local government or similar environment
- Experienced in minute taking
- Good level of IT skills and aptitude to learn bespoke packages
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Communicates effectively at all levels
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- Is customer focussed and responsive to customers
- Is proactive/self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Well organised, prioritises workload, and able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Willingness to work flexibly
- Politically sensitive and aware
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation in dealing with challenging issues
Full driving licence
For further details please contact us.