Job Type: Permanent
WA8, Hale, Borough of Halton
I am currently recruiting a Robotics Engineer to join a growing business providing innovative engineering solutions across Europe and Africa.
£35,000 - £60,000/annum
You will be a running a long term project to develop remote operated vehicles for use in off-grid environments.
Working with partners / universities you will develop 2 robots: one to swim in pipes and one to drive.
While my client is looking for someone that can bring skill and relevant expertise to the role, they will also consider a fairly recent graduate (with relevant qualifications and most likely university project involving ROVs) who is keen, smart, and pragmatic.
Depending on your experience, a salary of £35 - £60K is offered.
- Work with design and manufacturing partners to design and develop robotic systems and solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (both internal and external) to define project requirements and specifications
- Conduct research and analysis to identify innovative solutions and improve existing systems
- Create and modify mechanical designs using CAD software such as SolidWorks
- Program logic controllers (PLCs) and develop control algorithms for robotic systems
- Perform system integration, testing, and troubleshooting of robotic systems
- Conduct root cause analysis to identify and resolve technical issues
- Collaborate with manufacturing teams to ensure efficient production processes
- Bachelor's degree in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of robotics principles, mechanical design, and system integration
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for root cause analysis
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience with industrial robotics systems or ROVs
- Knowledge of machine vision systems and image processing algorithms
- Familiarity with ROS (Robot Operating System) framework