Job Type: Permanent
I am recruiting for an experienced Production Planner / Scheduler to fill our exciting role of Production Planner.
£28,000 - £32,000/annum
The objective of this role is to review and manage the assembly production plan for 15 machines, working with the production teams (scheduling, purchasing, warehousing, production, and logistics) to supply all demand in line with customer needs
Key to the role is advanced excel, MRP/ERP experience and a background in fast paced manufacturing
- Fully understand and develop the MRP system
- Develop production schedules
- Monitor the progress of production orders to ensure they are following the agreed schedule
- To manage the release of sales order demand into the factory
- Collect and assess data about productivity and performance
- Prepare reports about production processes for Senior Management and suggest ways to improve efficiency
- Drive efficiencies within the production departments
- Produce and deliver production plans based on both actual and predicted orders
- Ensure the effective flow of materials through the different manufacturing processes
- Manage all product sales lead-times aiming to meet the customer’s requested delivery dates.
- Responsible for clear and open communication internally and to clients, including managing client expectations for collections and deliveries.
- Effectively coordinate logistics alongside warehouse and production teams
- Creation and management of the assembly production plans
- Printing of production batches for the factory and issuing the job packs
- Update all reports required to support customer service and business reporting
- Support the introduction continuous improvement programs
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Must have experience in production planning, using an MRP system
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment, ideally with high automation
- Good time management and prioritisation skills, ability to meet deadlines
- Good level of initiative, ability to address problems and issues without guidance
- Be a proactive communicator able to develop a team spirit
- Self-starter and results orientated
- Ability to deal with demanding situations and / or people