Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
This role is a key addition to our client's quality team to ensure continuous improvement in quality and manufacturing related processes.
£26000 - £32000/annum Excellent Benefits
You will lead continuous improvement activities including identifying areas, creating action plans and ensuring implementation and checking. You will lead the initiatives to resolve any internal or client related product or process issues including working with suppliers as required. You will also be required, from time to time, to support the quality inspection team on specific tasks.
The position is suitable for someone with quality engineering training and experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably CNC machining, molding or complex assembly. You will be familiar using quality engineering tools and processes including NCRs, root cause analysis, SPC and capability studies. You will have a solid understanding of mechanical engineering, including the ability to read complex 2D technical drawings. You will have a keen eye for detail, be data driven and have tenacity to plan, execute and conduct thorough root cause analysis. There are opportunities to progress into more senior roles for suitable candidates if desired.
- Assess weaknesses and opportunities in current quality and manufacturing process, then lead continuous improvement activities to address these.
- Raise Non-Conformance Reports for any client related product issues, and follow the process, including root cause analysis/8D/5Why through to full resolution, including liaison with the client.
- Work with the production and quality teams to address any internal quality issues, including raising internal NCRs as required and leading the process to a sustainable solution.
- Support trouble-shooting on manufacturing quality related issues.
- Support adherence to the Quality Management System, including recommending and leading improvements and updates.
- Generate First Article inspection reports and resolve any questions related to these.
- Conduct occasional internal audits.
- Help with the development of new testing regimes and equipment for specific products.
- Documenting results in the MRP system including generating reports
- Support with the inspecting of first-off, in process, returned parts or incoming goods as required.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in a technical/engineering based subject
- Quality engineering training and proven use of quality engineering tools
- Operating in a manufacturing environment
- Proactive approach to quality related issues and problem resolution
- Ability to read 2 dimensional technical drawings
- Proficient Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Close attention and a good eye for detail
- Confidence in decision making
- Methodical approach
Nice to have:
- Auditing experience
- CMM programming or general use experience
- Supervisory or management experience
- Any basic CAD skills
- CNC turning or milling experience