Job Type: Contract, Temporary
WA8, Hale, Borough of Halton
I am recruiting a Production Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer to work with a business and review their current methods to produce standard operating procedures (SOPs) and standard equipment lists.
£30 - £40/hour
A rate of £30 - £40 per hour PAYE is available (outside IR35 is also available at equivalent rates).
You will be working closely with engineers and other team members, extracting their knowledge to produce SOPs and making the roles semi-skilled as opposed to magic.
The role would most like suit an experienced Production Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer with experience of NPI or product transfer who has therefore set up processes and SOPs.
Based at the Widnes head office, there will be a requirement for some foreign travel (not a lot) to witness the current practicers and speak directly with Engineers.
The role is offered with an immediate start.
- Develop and implement installation processes and procedures to optimise efficiency and quality
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and improve current methods
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective actions
- Design and develop tooling, fixtures, and equipment to support operations
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance
- Proven experience in a production engineering or manufacturing engineering role
- Previous experience of producing Standard Operating Procedures and equipment lists
- Experience of New Product Introduction (NPI) or product transfer
- Willingness to travel abroad