Job Type: Permanent
Regent's Park, Greater London
Our key military veterans charity, is seeking a Financial Accountant, ideally with some experience of working within the charities sectors.
£45,000/annum Excellent bens.
1. MAIN SUMMARY OF ROLE (Please contact us for further details)
The role holder will be responsible for providing professional support in preparing the financial statements of the charity, its subsidiary and associated entities.
Carry out a range of accounting duties and support the Senior Financial Accountant, through undertaking the following responsibilities:
- Prepare the statutory accounts of the charity's subsidiary and associated entities; and assist with the preparation of the charity's Group accounts.
- Ensure compliance with the charity's system of internal controls across the Fund.
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner throughout the accounting year, making sure of compliance with tax legislation and that all requirements are met.
- Assist with treasury and investments recording and reporting and cash flow management.
2. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Financial Records and Statements:
- Maintain the accounting records for the Fund and its subsidiaries and related entities ensuring that records are consistently accurate and up to date.
- Assist with preparing annual statutory consolidated accounts, including preparing notes and schedules to support information included in the statutory accounts.
- Prepare the statutory accounts the Fund’s subsidiaries.
- Post transactions for the Fund intercompany accounts and ensure they are reconciled monthly.
- Maintain all payroll-related accounts reconciliations.
- Maintain the fixed asset register for the Main Fund and the Housing Trust including posting of all purchases and sales and capital adaptations.
- Prepare all assigned bank and other balance sheet reconciliations monthly and present them for sign off, meeting all deadlines as set, identifying any issues and making corrections as required.
- Comply with month end routines as scheduled making sure all accruals and prepayments are identified and posted in the accounts.
- Prepare monthly analysis of all debtor/prepayment and creditor/accruals accounts including legacy accruals & legacy analysis.
- On a regular basis maintain the schedules and analysis that will form part of the notes to the statutory accounts so that by the year end they are as up to date and accurate as possible and all issues have been dealt with.
- Systematically monitor the financial ledgers for all income and expenditure, liaising with finance staff to clarify any ‘out of the ordinary’ movements in transactions.
A recognised professional accountancy qualification or qualified by experience (see below)
At least 3 years experience of working with accounting software designed for medium to large organisations, MS Excel and Word
At least 2 years experience of preparing accounts
Knowledge of the Charities SORP & FRS102 preferred
The above is a summary of the vacancy - if you are keen to know more, we would be delighted to assist you and furnish you with the fuller details.