Job Type: Permanent
W1B, Marylebone High Street, Greater London
£30,000/annum Excellent benefits
This is a varied role, ensuring that our client's prestigious and historic premises, are maintained to meet legislative requirements.
This role is also required to undertake reception duties and general labouring tasks to support the daily activities within the facility.
This role could suit an enthusiastic and well-spoken trainee level, with mechanical and electrical aptitude and knowledge. Or indeed an assistant facilities manager.
Please note that on occasion you will be working on reception, and greeting staff, visitors etc. so you will need to be highly presentable and personable, and of course an excellent communicator.
- Assist in ensuring building compliance with H&S legislation, undertaking Health and Safety checks
- Assist in maintaining Health and Safety risk assessments on buildings and equipment
- Carry out maintenance duties as per a maintenance programme including and not restricted to:
- day to day maintenance of electrical appliances
- basic plumbing tasks
- Basic carpentry tasks
- Minor internal decorations
- Minor repairs within safety guidelines
Ensuring regular PAT testing of small electrical appliances
- Maintain the Memorials the Fund is responsible for.
- Carry out weekly fire alarm testing in accordance with fire safety guidelines
- Check and maintain all emergency lighting and smoke/heat detectors
- Keep a record of hazards, faults and repairs taking action taken to rectify them and reporting them to the Facilities Manager
- Monitor the daily cleaning of the building and support the Facilities Manager in liaison with contractors to maintain a clean and safe site at all times
- Assist in managing the day to day security of the building and keeping appropriate records, including operating Access Control System
- Assist the Facilities Manager to check meter readings against bills and identify ways to reduce waste
- Under the direction of the Facilities Manager liaise with contractors
- Assist in maintaining a record of maintenance contracts with external contractors and ensuring that they are monitored and renewed as necessary following agreement from the Head of Compliance
- Liaise with outside contractors when they are on premises
- Liaise with the Facilities Manager and relevant Councils on any issues concerning the listing of the buildings
- Provide support for the setting up and security of internal and external events which may include occasional work outside of usual hours
- Prepare maintenance records for archiving in partnership with the Head of Compliance
- To provide cover for the Facilities manager as required
- Carry out any other duties within the scope of the job as requested by the Facilities Manager
- Strong mechanical skills to operate equipment and repair systems
- Good time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- General maintenance and DIY skills such as carpentry and decorating, including the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to read technical drawings and manuals
- Physical stamina and dexterity, this job includes working on ladders, in a listed building with multiple floors
The above is a summary of the vacancy - if you are keen to know more, we would be delighted to assist you and furnish you with the fuller details.