Job Type: Permanent
Nechells, City and Borough of Birmingham
I am currently recruiting a Computer Aided Engineering Manager to lead a team of CAD Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers in ensuring the translation of product designs into manufacturing and production.
£50,000 - £55,000/annum
Key to the role of CAE Manager is CNC machining optimisation experience, ERP/MRP experience and advanced metal processing knowledge and experience. SolidWorks and 3D CADCAM knowledge would be of enormous benefit to the role. The successful individual will also have excellent management skills and be results driven and motivated.
The role is offered with a salary up to £55K
- Lead the Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) teams; optimise productivity and translate strategic goals into tangible deliverables.
- Accountable for the release of all new products to manufacture.
- Drive the performance of CAE teams – providing effective supervision/monitoring and coaching to process engineers to achieve the required quality and production goals.
- Manages staff selection, performance, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations
- Work with the Design Engineering Manager to support concepts being released into a manufacturing environment whilst also taking into account the APQP structure.
- Use best practise to improve manufacturing process yields and produce cost reduction plans.
- Drive capital proposals for new equipment and define implementation plans.
- Develop standard operating procedures for all Manufacturing Engineering processes.
- Drive problem solving initiatives, root cause investigations and process improvements to satisfy the production schedule.
- Support production to develop and execute daily recovery plans for any missed production metrics.
- Responsible for CAE budgets (with assistance from Senior Engineering Manager).
- Participate in cross functional teams focused on delivering manufacturing and engineering effectiveness.
- Ensure continued communication and good relationships with external and internal customers.
- Work with quality engineering to trouble shoot and provide cost effective resolutions to production problems.
- Lead and implement a continuous improvement work environment, error proofing, standardisation,
- SMED and problem solving.
- Play a leading role in the development of new product introduction; working closely with design,
- process engineering teams to deliver project milestones.
- Identify & implement new tools such as work holding technologies.
- Manage and develop a PDM system to meet the demands of APQP.
- Represent Engineering in project meetings, taking full responsibility for any Engineering actions.