Job Type: Permanent
WA8, Hale, Borough of Halton
I am recruiting a passionate and experienced Data Scientist to join my client and play a pivotal role in developing cutting-edge image recognition models.
£50,000 - £70,000/annum
You will possess a strong understanding of machine learning principles, deep learning frameworks, and image processing techniques, collaborating with project engineering teams to gather and analyze data, design and implement machine learning models, and evaluate their performance.
The role is offered with a salary of £50 - £70K and would suit someone with an MSc or PhD in Data Science, Machine Learning or a related field, around 3 -4 further years of industry experience.
- Collaborate with project and data engineering teams to gather, clean and prepare image data for model training and evaluation.
- Design, develop, and implement machine learning models based on gathered data for event detection.
- Work on the end-to-end development of machine learning solutions, from data preprocessing to model training, development and testing.
- Stay current with the latest advancements in machine learning, image processing and deep learning.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 6+ years of industry experience as a Data Scientist
- Strong working knowledge of Python for data analysis and machine learning (e.g. NumPy, pandas, scikit-learn, PyTorch, TensorFlow)
- Proven experience developing traditional statistical or machine learning methods using Python.
- Experience with deep learning techniques for image recognition (e.g. CNN)
- Have the ability to communicate complex, technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Minimum BSc in Data Science, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field
- MSc or PhD in Data Science, Machine Learning or a related field
- Experience working within a cloud platform such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience in software development and deployment tools such as Git, Docker