Job Type: Permanent
Our client seeks applications from CNC Machinists for their busy production facility in Cirencester.
£27,000 - £32,000/annum Inc Shift Allow.
This role is very interesting, and varied - and comes with excellent company benefits.
Working hours: 37.75 hours per week. (Alternative shift pattern).
Times: 0600 to 1400 Monday-Friday with half hour lunch & tea breaks
Times: 1400 to Midnight Monday – Thursday with half an hour lunch & tea breaks
Overtime maybe required during busy periods.
Perform duties to set up and operate a number of different computerised numerical controlled machine tools to perform a wide range of turning, drilling and tapping operations on various complex component parts of mechanical shaft seals in a workcell environment in a production mode.
The applicant must be able to set and operate the machine tool and measure their own work, also have knowledge of Fanuc OT programming.
- Work from process sheets, blueprints, set up sheets, set up cards, machine status boards, and verbal as well as written instructions.
- Insert and secure tooling in machine turrets, Install program into memory banks and chuck work pieces within a workcell environment.
- To be able to turn, face, bore, drill, thread, ream component parts having several inner and external interrelated surface relationships to very close tolerances.
- Inspect finished piece part for proper dimensions and document results.
- Troubleshoot and make adjustments to offset coordinates, modify and edit programs to compensate for materials, tooling or machine centre conditions
Requirements/Capabilities and Success Factors
- Must be able to setup and operate CNC lathe or CNC mill machines
- Use mathematics whilst using process sheets, blueprints, setup sheets, setup cards, and machine status board. Use various types of precision measuring instruments, the ability to make minor modifications to NC/CNC equipment programs, and personal computer to input data.
- Equivalent to 3 years of applied training in a particular or specialised occupation
- Continuous mental and visual attention required to set up computer numerical controlled lathes, troubleshoot and make adjustments involving repetitive work, requiring constant alertness or activity.
- Competitive Salary
- Local Bonus Scheme
- Westfield Health Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Competitive Pension Plan with Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Gym Contribution