Job Type: Permanent
Ampthill, Central Bedfordshire
++URGENT ROLE++ Our key client, from the defence sector, is seeking applications from skilled CNC Machinists.
£35,000 - £39,000/annum Truly excellent bens
They use Fanuc and Heidenheim, but training is provided as long as you have prior CNC edit/programme experience.
Also on offer is a four day week. ( Monday to Wednesday 7AM to 5PM, Thursday 7AM to 4.30PM. Friday: OFF )
You will require the ability to provide five year checkable work history, as SC Clearance will be needed.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Ability to work from detailed engineering drawings producing conforming product.
- CNC Milling experience.
- Process using Fanuc & Heidenhain languages.
- Understanding and execution of CAD/CAM software.
- Conversant with multi-axis machining methods (3 to 6 axis).
- Good knowledge of inspection techniques and measuring equipment.
- General engineering workshop practices and proven Manufacturing experience.
- Ability to work from written and verbal process instructions.
- Ability to work independently from concept through to manufacture.
- Adherence and accountability of Housekeeping and 6S standards within defined work area.
- Adherence to mechanical and manual Lifting processes.
- High level of CoSHH and H&S awareness.
- Competent computer skills including MS-office, MRP systems.
- Good communication and reporting skills.
You will offer the ability to program, set fixtures and tooling and operate CNC MC's to produce R&D, high value 1 off or low volume production component parts.
- Support the development of machining processes and tooling/fixture design.
- Ability of tool selection and setting of machine tools.
- Working to specifications, procedures and engineering drawings.
- Identify and develop improvements to work procedures/processes with engineering team.
- Problem solve machining issues and facilitate corrective action plans.
- Ability to manage workload in order to meet deliverables
- Demonstrates high quality standards and support improvement initiatives.
Our 4xFlex 8-day working fortnight is a particular favourite amongst the team, giving you every Friday off, to spend more time doing the things you enjoy.
The above is a summary of the vacancy - if you are keen to know more, we would be delighted to assist you and furnish you with the fuller details.