Business Development Manager
Job Type: Permanent
GU46, Yateley, Hampshire
Our key client, a global leader in the field of marine underwater systems, seeks applications from experienced business development / sales professionals, with a background in marine / offshore construction survey / Oil and Gas technology.
£70,000 - £80,000/annum Truly excellent bens + car
This post is a very exciting role, and the opportunity to join the organisation at a time of exponential growth.
As a Business Development Manager in the busy and growing Sales Department you will be required to develop the business through sustainable profitable growth in sales of instruments and systems, focusing but not limited to Oil & Gas.
Particular focus will be on developing, managing and where possible accelerating Construction Survey technology in the Energy market.
- Primary objective is to grow the client's Oil and Gas market share and customer base with focus on Construction Survey, using a variety of business development techniques such as defining and developing new market opportunities, effective sales and marketing strategies, co-ordinating sales activities, gathering, analysing and communicating market intelligence data and capture plans, ensuring regional sales teams and other customer facing staff (including agents and resellers) are supplied with tools and assistance to maximise business success, identifying and implementing MSAs / DPAs / Partnership Agreements / Funding opportunities / investment opportunities, to meet or exceed:
- the 5-year framework objectives
- the yearly targets aligned with company Goals
- To enhance the reputation and profile of the client in the Oil and Gas Market including Construction Survey sector, promoting the Company’s name, brand and capabilities through active networking and participation with trade bodies, institutions/societies etc, conference presentations, publication of papers, and delivery of innovative targeted marketing initiatives.
- Define new product and technology requirements for the marketplace.
- To develop and agree an annual sales forecast for the subsea asset monitoring sector business in collaboration with regional sales management and sales teams, BDs, HoBD and Commercial Director.
- Report commercial performance, including success/failures of market initiatives and product developments, content for the energy board report, market information packs, etc.
- To support the development of and regular review of business processes to ensure maximum customer fulfilment, including post-delivery follow up.
- Be a stakeholder to the wider sub-markets (Marine Vessel Systems, Exploration, Asset Monitoring and Surveillance), as well as Emerging Markets (Mining, CCS, Civil Engineering, Telecomms & Leisure) and undertake business development work in these areas as needed, working collaboratively with the BD team and regional offices.
- Support creation and submission of tenders as and when needed to support regional offices including follow up on specific opportunities and sales.
- To promote a sense of team spirit, motivation and collaboration amongst staff directly and indirectly engaged in activities to deliver business expectations and customer requirements.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- A comprehensive understanding of offshore construction survey / Oil and Gas technology.
- Proven experience of developing commercial market perspectives and identification of new business opportunities.
- Proven sales ability, consistently achieving targets within challenging environments
- Experience in defining and delivering a strategic business plan.
- Experience in successfully influencing across indirect resources and multi-disciplines to achieve revenue targets and objectives.
- Proven experience of building networks and effective business relationships within and external to the organisation.
- Self-starter and proactive with a strong work drive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to report at all levels within the business and externally as required.
- Well established international network of construction survey / Oil and Gas contacts.
- Track record of delivering significant sales growth
You will also ideally be educated to a minimum HNC/HND level or equivalent qualification.
The above is a summary of the vacancy - if you are keen to know more, we would be delighted to assist you and furnish you with the fuller details.