Group Health & Safety Assistant
Job Type: Permanent
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a background and/or genuine interest in the field of Health and Safety, wishing to build a career or make the next steps in H&S Management.
£25,000 - £30,000/annum Excellent Benefits
Reporting to: The Group Health and Safety Manager
As a Health and Safety Assistant you will be required to assist the Group Health and Safety Manager to support and advise the business on all aspects of Health and Safety.
You will assist with managing and monitoring standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety within all depots within the grop.
Our client has 6 depots across the UK, including Ireland and Scotland, so the perfect candidate will need to be happy with potentially travelling at least once a month.
Some of the other key responsibilities of our Health and Safety Assistant role are:
- Assist the Group Health and Safety Manager with ensuring a safe workplace environment without risk to health
- Assist with ensuring all Health and Safety policies, procedures, rule and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated to all staff
- Assist with promoting Health and Safety and safe working practices in the workplace
- Assist with generic risk assessments and in some cases specific risk assessments for the tasks and activities.
- Assist with investigations into accidents and near-miss incidents and to record the findings on the relevant forms
- Assist with the reporting of incidents under R.I.D.D.O.R
- Assist with conducting Health and Safety inspections and help prepare reports and documents as required
- Assist with arranging training/ certification to meet the legal requirements
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation and assist with implementing such changes where relevant
Essential criteria for a successful candidate:
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Previous experience within a Health and Safety capacity
- Happy to travel at least once a month to any of our 6 depots across the UK
Desirable criteria for a successful candidate:
- COSHH trained or a desire to be trained
- NEBOSH qualified qualified
- A Member of Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH) or a desire to become a member
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to work on own initiative
- An ability to work in, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Hours: 41.25, 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Starting holiday: 30 days including 8 statutory bank holidays